Medior Frontend Developer
Are you a talented Medior Frontend Developer looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to make a difference? Join our team and help bring our online platform for clean energy systems to the next level. Located just steps away from Rotterdam Central Station, our office gives you amazing views from the 26th floor of the Millennium Tower. If you are ready to take your career to the next level and make a positive sustainable impact, apply now!
Skoon is a young and mission-driven company that was founded six years ago with the goal of making clean energy systems accessible and affordable to everyone, everywhere. Skoon is committed to sustainability and supports the transition to a low-carbon economy. We offer a central platform that connects users with suppliers of clean energy systems, such as mobile batteries, hydrogen generators, solar panels and many more. These energy systems are used to power temporary applications such as construction sites, events and film sets, as a clean alternative to diesel generators.
We have developed world’s first online marketplace on which clean energy systems are traded ‘Airbnb style’. Additionally, our rental management software tool supports owners of energy systems to enable data-driven and scalable operations. Creating a network of clean energy systems positions us for our long term mission: being the flexible layer of the electricity grid.
Skoon values a healthy working environment, personal development and career advancement. We have a highly skilled team and a large expert network that can help you grow and succeed professionally. We are dedicated to creating a fun, positive, and supportive working environment that encourages creativity and innovation. Skoon is growing internationally and we work in a diverse team.
We are looking for a motivated team player, comfortable with working in a dynamic start-up environment, able to solve problems quickly and in a diligent manner. We seek someone who is always hunting for efficiency increase and automation, in close collaboration with other team divisions. We value a strong sense of personal and professional engagement to our team, product and mission.
- Participate in a team of developers to build and maintain our two applications, Skoon Sharing and Skoon Suite (written in ReactJS and .NET Core)
- Deploy your code to production
- Schedule meetings with the team to discuss and refine new work
- Communicate with the Product Owner to discuss strategic direction of the application and to plan work
- Be an essential part of the development team, uphold the development process and make sure team members do the same
- Develop and maintain one of our applications
We are looking for someone who
- Has at least 3 years of experience with Web Development with ReactJS
- Has worked in a team
- Has a strong sense of responsibility
- Communicates well, and encourages team members to do so through active inclusion
- Is able to handle pressure, is organized, and can manage expectations
- Is motivated and takes initiatives
- Is able to speak, read, and write English at a professional level
We encourage you to apply even if you might not possess all above-mentioned qualifications, your enthusiasm for the role is most important.
We offer you
- A competitive salary
- Travel expenses
- Learning and development budget
- Modern office on the 26th floor with an amazing views in Rotterdam Centre
- Flexible work environments (currently working hybrid)
- A scale-up mentality with opportunities to grow (professionally and personally)
- Access to a gym located at the same building as the office
- On-the-job training and coaching
- Many young, enthusiastic, and motivated colleagues
- Fun team activities
You will work in an organization that is in high growth mode, with development opportunities and room for your own input. We take care of you both physically and mentally, since health is an important value to us. Every day will be a day where you can learn, grow, and make a meaningful impact while having fun with your colleagues.
Recruiters: We’re focussed on getting clean energy to everyone and unsolicited acquisition can be distracting. Please help the environment and only contact our HR team regarding our vacancies.
Candidates and Interested Parties: If you have questions or need more information, please reach out to our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.Thank you for helping us keep a smooth and sustainable hiring process